Boise is overtaxed.
- Over 50 percent of property in Boise is already off the tax rolls.
- Citizens have to pick up the exploding costs of government.
- If this project happens, Boise will have a financial black hole.
Taxpayers take the risk.
- These are out-of-town owners who want us to pay for the stadium.
- They will reap the financial gains from getting to develop the area.
- Private investors would make all the money while we pay the costs.
These projects fail.
- Stockton, Hartford, Newark, Pearl, Arlington, Miami — the record is clear.
- There is abundant reporting on the financial dangers these projects bring.
- Federal legislation has been proposed to BAN what Boise is considering.
The demand isn’t there.
- The Boise/Meridian/Nampa area can barely sustain the teams we have now.
- Experienced people know that our population cannot sustain a new stadium.
- Our weather means this stadium will sit idle, unused, for much of the year.
The current location works.
- The fairgrounds has plenty of room to build a new Memorial Stadium.
- There is already abundant parking and infrastructure at the fairgrounds.
- The location is much more centrally located for all Valley residents.